Features to look for in a home security camera in Lexington
So many homeowners in Lexington want to take a look what’s going on at home when they are not home This is a principal reason why security cameras are some of the most effective components to think about as you customize your home security system. Even though independent cameras are effective when configured correctly, they’re even more helpful when integrated into your property’s comprehensive system.
Are you interested in what to look for in a home security camera in Lexington? You’ll be happy to discover these critical components have more benefits than ever before. You are able to watch real-time footage from interior cameras or warn intruders with integrated deterrent mechanisms from outside cameras. And you can see your security cameras easily in one app.
Impressive features enhance home security cameras in Lexington
Multifaceted and easy-to-manage security cameras will elevate your residence’s defense to a whole new level. These essential parts of your security system may come equipped with a diverse lineup of features including bi-directional talk, video storage, and mobile access. Review all of the options available to you below.
- Forceful deterrents: You can use a security camera that can react instantly. If unusual behavior is observed by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a clear ring of red light will form around the camera lens and a powerful alert will sound.
- Night vision: Powerful IR night vision functionality provides clear images of your surroundings at any hour. Your cameras will even keep their clarity when closing in on details.
- Cloud storage: Look for devices with video storage options and the chance to watch clips straight from your mobile device app.
- Mobile app: Today’s surveillance systems in Lexington are typically paired to a convenient mobile device app. You are able to watch current feeds or pre-recorded video and even engage or disarm your system. The Vivint App will send an update to your phone whenever there’s a triggered event.
- Motion detectors: Integrated motion detection means your cameras will take notice when strange action is detected. You’ll even be alerted with an update on your mobile device.
- Speak to anyone at your door or family: Need to touch base with your kids when they return from school? Have you found a delivery person at your doorstep? Today’s surveillance systems, such as the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, allow convenient bi-directional talk so you can speak to anyone detected by your surveillance device.
- Field of vision: Generally speaking, your outdoor video cameras should provide an angle of 120° or higher. For instance, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro provides 140° angle viewing.
- Configurable zones: This feature allows you to designate the specific area you would like your camera to cover. This will be important to limit the movement you watch as you don’t necessarily require notifications each time an automobile goes by on the road.
Customize your own smart home
You should have a good idea of what to look for in a home security camera in Lexington. The next step is to put everything together in a robust Vivint smart home. Call (859) 203-1366 to start or submit the form below to reach out to our home protection and automation specialists.