Online ordering and daily deliveries have become customary for many people. You enjoy the convenience of having packages left at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those parcels on your doorstep are invitations to potential crooks. Porch piracy has become a serious issue, but you are able to take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are great tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they provide so much more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become an essential part of your smart home.
Perks of a Lexington video doorbell
Found in wireless and wired options, video doorbells provide an array of advanced features, and the technology keeps progressing. You now have the ability to implement detection zones, speak to individuals in front of your door, and get instant alerts whenever an item arrives.
The easiest way to understand how a Lexington video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous advantages it offers. Take a look at the following features:
- Active crime deterrents: You aren’t able to find this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take action in discouraging burglary with warning lights and audible alerts. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know somebody is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that includes the faces of visitors at your entry and items on the surface below. Cameras with superior 180-degree field of vision offer a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid footage at any hour: What’s the purpose of having a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and challenging to see? The best models will give you exceptional night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You can get automatic updates from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between people and packages.
- Talk to the person at your door: Is someone lingering at your door? Bi-directional audio allows you to ask why they’re there. You could even use this beneficial feature to deter people hanging around your walkway.
- Prevent false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to set up your own detection zones. Restricting the space to be monitored will let you reduce false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell configured into your smart home gives you the option to access real-time and recorded video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you are able to access them right from your phone, no matter where you are. They’ll notify you when someone arrives, show you what’s happening, and even permit you to speak with whoever’s at your door. These devices have become game-changers in terms of safety and convenience.