Are wireless smart homes in Lexington worth it?
In the not-so-distant past, home security systems were confined to wired devices joined through a lengthy installation. Those days are gone. Wireless advancements have transformed the industry and created a world of possibilities for families.
Are you trying to figure out if a wireless smart home in Lexington is a good option for you and your family? See what you ought to know about wireless solutions.
What you should know before going wireless
The backbone of any wireless setup is a secure connection to the internet. Reliable, speedy internet and a quality wireless router are the two primary components you’ll need. If you haven’t updated your router in quite some time, think about making the change now to benefit from the most recent performance enhancements.
If you dwell in an area without trustworthy fast internet or cellular coverage, you might be better suited with a wired installation. Or, if you move into a residence that is already wired for home security, it might make sense from a financial standpoint to continue with that configuration.
Regardless of where you reside, online and utility disruptions can happen. Taking this into account, search for security systems with cell and battery backups to keep you connected.
What are the advantages of a wireless smart home in Lexington?
The primary objective of any home security system is to defend your household from threats like theft and fire. You can achieve this with wired and wireless systems, but if you wish to take advantage of the latest innovations, a wireless smart home is your best option. With a wireless system, you can take advantage of the following:
● Remote access: Would you like to be able to secure your doors or watch live footage from your smartphone? A wireless smart home gives you a level of access you’ve never had. You can inspect or change settings of any incorporated components remotely, like your smart thermostat or locks.
● Instant alerts: Not only can you access your system, but it can also get in touch you. If a sensor is activated, a notification will be dispatched immediately to your cell phone app. You’ll always know when there’s a security event, regardless of whether you’re home or away.
● Flexibility and scalability: Different from wired devices, you can place wireless ones just about anywhere. Want to have a video camera on your shelf or in your kid’s bedroom? No sweat! It’s also simple to incorporate or remove components from your wireless smart home.
Potential shortcomings of wireless systems
Despite the fact that wireless smart homes in Lexington have proven safe and effective, there are a couple of potential shortcomings. You might give thought to the following:
● You may have to replace batteries. If you have battery-powered components, there’s always the chance of failure when the battery dies. However, smart elements will notify you when power is depleting and usually last for many years without needing a fresh battery.
● Placement of devices. There could be limitations on how far you can put wireless components away from the central command hub. This isn’t likely to be an issue in the majority of homes, but you need to inquire about the limit prior to installing.
● Risk of online hacking. Just like any other computer network, the potential of hacking is there. But you can significantly lower this risk by using hard-to-guess passwords, always changing default settings, and selecting routers with integrated security.
Customize your Vivint wireless smart home in Lexington today!
Benefit from everything a wireless smart home can provide by customizing your own with a Vivint specialist today. You’ll appreciate being able to access and control your Lexington security system from any location. Reach out to (859) 203-1366 to take the first step toward a more secure and versatile home.